Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It Tastes Like Chicken

Hello!

So the last couple days have been filled with homework and classes. Classes are at least 2 hours long here, sometimes as long as 4 hours! It's so hard to concentrate that much every day. The tradeoff is that I get Fridays off, which brings me to my next point. This weekend I am going to Venice!!! I am leaving tomorrow night and taking a night train. Over half of the group is going, so it should be a fun time. We will take another night train Saturday night, so I will get back to my apartment sometime on Sunday morning.

Yesterday I started my art history class with Paolo. He is a character (like the rest of the profs here), so I am excited to start touring museums with him. After class a few of us went to the market to pick up food for the evening. We had the intention of eating a big salmon feast, but after seeing the price of salmon we settled for chicken. I guess I never really paid attention to the price of meat and fish, it's always been taken care of for me. Thanks Dad! Anna and Malinda ended up serving lemon garlic chicken, rice, green beans, garlic bread, and wine. Yum!

Today I started my literature class with Carmella. She reminds me of a few different people that I really admire, so I think I am going to like her class. We are reading Dante's Inferno in class, which I have already read. Thank you Humanities! Her class makes me miss my humanities class and Herman. After that we had Senior Seminar where I got into an ethical debate with a guy in my class. I was defending people with disabilites and it made me consider switching to the pre-occupational therapy program at school. Not sure if I am going to make the move, but I am thinking about it.

I want to thank all of you for your responses, notes, emails, Skype conversations, and messages! I love hearing your stories and each of them give me something new to laugh and smile about all day. I am having a blast here, so don't think that I am not happy when I don't get messages. They just give me something else to smile about!

I won't have my computer with me, so unless I write tomorrow night you probably won't hear from me until Sunday. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. YAYYYYY HUMANITIES :) I'm soooo happy that it sounds like you're having a great time!

    Love you girl!
    Kelsey K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! I can't wait to hear about Venice! I love living vicariously through your experiences. Sounds like an amazing time, I really wish I could be in Europe right now. Ugh! I can believe that you were spotted as an American. :p I am interested to see when I go to France if I will be picked out as an American (probably) Anyways, hope all is well! I have your blog on my bookmark on my internet, so I can keep up-to-date easier :) Love ya! Keep enjoying your time.

    ReplyDelete