Today was a really good bonding day. There are 30 students traveling together so I think it was a good day to start making friends. We started off the morning with a tour of Rome with my literature professor. She is so entertaining and nice, I think I am going to have a great time in her class. I ended up in the back of the group for a lot of the tour so I had to catch up with her a few times so she could tell me individually everything that she had just explained. She kind of reminds me of one of my favorite profs from school, just a bit more animated, so this should be interesting.
We ended the tour with pizza! Yum! I had a zucchini type that had very little sauce but tons of oil. A small group of us split apart and roamed around Rome. Hehe. You have to let me throw a few puns in there. I have learned that I love getting lost and not using a map. It makes me a little too unconventional for the people I was with, but we worked it out. We ended our random tour with gelato and a walk to the Vatican. The Vatican is actually not as majestic as I pictured it. It's beautiful, and has a lot of detail work, but I was not as overwhelmed as I thought I would be. I guess I have to wait for the tour inside before I make too many judgments.
After today I feel kind of at home in Rome. I didn't think I would feel comfortable with it this quickly, but it is not as intimidating as I thought it would be. A few days from now when I have seen more of the city I might feel differently, but as for today I am comfortable.
We ended the evening with a huge housewarming/birthday party in our apartment. It's one of my roommates birthdays. We had 30 people in our not-so huge place, but it was fun! Every group of roommates brought something to share with the group, so we had pasta, homemade sauce, bread, and stovetop cake (since we can't figure out how the oven works) to share. It was kind of crazy, but really fun to get to talk to people one on one. Overall a good night with some good friends.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment