Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day of classes. I felt like I should have taken a picture by the front door of my apartment to commemorate. (If you went to my grad party, you'll understand.) I had Senior Seminar in the morning, a two hour break, and then Advanced Italian in the afternoon. Senior Seminar is pretty fun because it is a discussion based class and everyone on my trip was there. I love discussing, so I think I will enjoy it. Advanced Italian is hard, especially since I came here only knowing the word "ciao." Italian is very similar to Spanish so they expect that I should pick it up pretty quickly, but wow it's tricky. It's been raining tonight so I have just been sitting around working on homework.

More Random Thoughts:

I saw an escalator that was temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience. (Mitch Hedberg fan anyone?)

Forgot to mention the cute couple from Texas that we met in line before mass. It was fun to share our experience with other Americans. They were really excited for us! We showed them around the Vatican as if we were experts! Yay, I'm almost a local! Haha, yeah right.

No comments:

Post a Comment