Hello!
This past weekend was pretty chill. A lot of the group went to either London or Istanbul, but a few of us stayed back to enjoy Athens. I didn't actually tour anything, but we did have a fun bonding night with the "leftovers" on Friday night.
As some of you may know, Sunday was the anniversary of the major riots that occurred in Athens last year. It marked the day when a young boy was killed by riot police. Riots began again on Sunday and have continued through today. I want you all to know that I am alive (in case you didn't get that already), and safe. The riots are somewhat nearby, but my neighborhood and the area near my school is very safe. I have not run into any dangerous situations. Please don't worry, I'm sure the whole situation will blow over soon, especially because Athens just elected a new government. (They haven't had time to get upset with them yet!)
I hope everyone from home is doing well! I'll be home in less than a month! See you soon!
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment