I thought I should let you know that I'm still alive! The riots are over! I went to where part of the riots were held the day after they ended and I found broken windows and graffiti on some of the buildings. What else I found....garbage. There has been garbage piled up here the last few days because the landfill workers are on strike. Nothing like the smell of garbage piled up on every corner (they usually collect garbage everyday). The best part about it is that Greek's plumbing system is too small to hold toilet paper so the whole city's used toilet paper has been sitting on the streets for the last 5 days. :( Some of it was cleaned up this morning, so I am hopeful!
This past week I have mostly been working on homework. I had 5 papers due this past week and this coming week I have 2 finals. I did take a study break yesterday and went to see the Acropolis! Finally! It was a really cool view and cool to say that I have been there! Last night we had our unofficial Christmas party. Originally I had been planning it and it was supposed to be at our school. The school was being difficult so they ended up not letting us have it. One of the guys' rooms had most of us over to enjoy some conversation and Christmas music. The guys dressed in togas to celebrate being in Greece. It was pretty funny. Afterward a lot of us went over to one of the girls' apartments to hang out. I don't usually write about it, but I spend most of my time over in their apartment. They are the girls I am closest to on the trip and they always have people over so it's always fun!
I'm not really sure what the weekend holds, we will have to see how the weather is. I am hoping to celebrate Christmas a little bit in between studying, especially since I won't be home for Christmas. That's all for now. Less than a week until I am in London!!!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment