Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life is Sweet in Crete

Wow this post is long overdue! This just shows how busy I have been with homework!! Ok so here is the breakdown of last weekend!

Thursday: We had classes all day and then took off that night to head to Crete. Our directors paid for our ship so they got sleeper rooms for us! It was so much fun! I roomed with Carissa, Malinda, and Lauren. We sat around as a group and socialized for quite a while before we went to bed. We played Mafia, which brought back so many memories! Lauren came back and told us a good night story which was hilarious! The guys next door yelled at us the next morning, because we were laughing so loud!

Friday: We got off the boat early in the morning, and boarded a coach bus! After my marching band days, I have learned to love coach buses! We grabbed some breakfast, went to a couple of uninteresting museums, and then took the bus for 2 hours to our hotel. That day I hung around with a few other girls in the hotel and worked on homework. As a group we went and had an authentic Greek dinner that night! It was delicious! I switched up roommates for the hotel and stayed with Ali and Holly.

Saturday: We started off the morning with a walk to the lighthouse. Then we headed to the beach! It was great spending time on the beach in November. Almost all of the group swam out to a huge rock in the ocean. I went out to watch them jump off of it and before I knew it I was climbing up to join them. I figure now's the time to do stuff I will never have a chance to do again. So I jumped off....and hit the bottom! I am really glad I did it though! We watched the sunset at the lighthouse and caught the ship back. It was a pretty simple, but really fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment